Some users have reported issues with the vibration not working on their Galaxy M32. In this article, we will discuss some possible causes of this problem and provide steps to solve it.
The Samsung Galaxy M32 is a mid-range smartphone that offers a variety of features at an affordable price point. With a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display, quad-camera setup, and powerful battery, the Galaxy M32 is a popular choice for those looking for a budget-friendly smartphone.
Features of the Samsung Galaxy M32 The Samsung Galaxy M32 features a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio G80 processor and comes with 4GB or 6GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage, depending on the variant. The phone runs on Android 11 with One UI 3.1 on top.
The Galaxy M32 has a quad-camera setup on the back, consisting of a 64-megapixel primary camera, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. On the front, there is a 20-megapixel selfie camera housed in a waterdrop notch.
The phone is equipped with a 5,000mAh battery that supports 25W fast charging. Other features include a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock, and Samsung Pay.
Price of the Samsung Galaxy M32 The Samsung Galaxy M32 is priced at around $250, making it an affordable option for those looking for a mid-range smartphone.
Pros and Cons of the Samsung Galaxy M32 :
Samsung Galaxy M32 Pros:
- Large, high-quality Super AMOLED display
- Quad-camera setup with a high-resolution primary camera
- Long-lasting 5,000mAh battery with fast charging support
- Affordable price point
Samsung Galaxy M32 Cons:
- Plastic build may not feel as premium as other smartphones
- Processor may not be as powerful as some other mid-range phones
- Vibration motor issues reported by some users
Why Samsung Galaxy M32 Vibration is not working
There can be several reasons why the vibration function on a Samsung Galaxy M32 may not be working. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Vibration is turned off: The first thing to check is whether the vibration function is turned on. To do this, go to the phone’s Settings menu, then Sounds and Vibration, and make sure that the Vibrate on touch option is enabled.
- Do not disturb mode is enabled: If Do not disturb mode is turned on, the phone will not vibrate or make any sound for incoming calls or notifications. To check if this is the issue, go to the phone’s Settings menu, then Sounds and Vibration, and ensure that Do not disturb mode is turned off.
- Low battery level: If the battery level of your Samsung Galaxy M32 is low, the vibration function may not work properly. Try charging your phone to see if this resolves the issue.
- Software issues: Sometimes, the vibration function may stop working due to software issues. This can occur after a software update or due to a glitch in the system. In this case, it may be necessary to clear the cache partition or perform a factory reset to fix the problem.
- Hardware issues: If none of the above solutions work, there may be a problem with the hardware of your Samsung Galaxy M32. For example, the vibration motor may be faulty or damaged. In this case, it’s best to contact Samsung customer support or take your phone to a certified repair center for further assistance.
Overall, if the vibration function on your Samsung Galaxy M32 is not working, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. By checking the settings, charging your phone, and performing a software reset, you may be able to fix the problem and restore the vibration function to your device.
How to solve Samsung Galaxy M32 Vibration is not working
If you’re experiencing issues with the vibration function on your Samsung Galaxy M32, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check the vibration settings: First, go to the Settings menu on your phone and select Sounds and Vibration. Ensure that the Vibrate on touch option is enabled. You can also adjust the vibration intensity and pattern in this menu.
- Restart your phone: Sometimes, simply restarting your Samsung Galaxy M32 can resolve the vibration issue. Press and hold the power button, then select Restart.
- Check for software updates: Ensure that your phone’s software is up to date by going to the Settings menu, selecting Software Update, and checking for any available updates.
- Clear the cache partition: Sometimes, clearing the cache partition can fix issues with the vibration function. To do this, turn off your phone, then press and hold the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears. Use the Volume Down button to navigate to the Wipe Cache Partition option, then select it with the Power button. Once the process is complete, select Reboot System Now.
- Perform a factory reset: If none of the above steps work, performing a factory reset may be necessary. This will erase all data from your phone, so be sure to back up any important information beforehand. To perform a factory reset, go to the Settings menu, select General Management, then Reset. Choose Factory Data Reset, then select Reset.
- Contact Samsung customer support: If the vibration function still isn’t working after trying the above steps, contact Samsung customer support or take your phone to a certified repair center for further assistance.
In summary, there are several steps you can take to solve the vibration issue on your Samsung Galaxy M32. By checking the vibration settings, restarting your phone, clearing the cache partition, and performing a factory reset, you may be able to restore the vibration function to your device. If all else fails, contact Samsung customer support for further assistance.