XAMPP is a free and open-source software package that includes all the components required to set up a local web server environment on a personal computer. It allows developers to create and test dynamic web applications using Apache web server, MySQL database, PHP programming language, and other tools. XAMPP is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS platforms and is widely used for web development, testing, and learning purposes.
XAMPP is a popular software package that includes many features and tools that are useful for web development, testing, and learning. Some of its key features are:
- Cross-platform support: XAMPP is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS operating systems, making it a versatile option for developers on different platforms.
- Apache web server: XAMPP includes the Apache web server, which is a widely used open-source web server software.
- MySQL database: XAMPP also includes the MySQL database management system, which allows developers to create and manage databases for their web applications.
- PHP programming language: XAMPP comes with PHP, a popular server-side programming language used for web development.
- phpMyAdmin: XAMPP includes phpMyAdmin, a web-based tool that allows developers to manage MySQL databases via a web browser.
- FileZilla FTP server and client: XAMPP includes the FileZilla FTP server and client, which are used for transferring files to and from the web server.
- Mercury Mail Transport System: XAMPP includes Mercury Mail Transport System, which is used for email communication testing.
- Tomcat: XAMPP includes Tomcat, a widely used web application server for Java applications.
Overall, XAMPP provides a convenient and easy-to-use platform for developers to set up a local web server environment and test their web applications before deploying them to a live server.
Install xampp in Windows
You can install XAMPP on Windows by following these steps:
- Download the XAMPP installer from the official website (https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html).
- Run the XAMPP installer executable file.
- Select the components you want to install (e.g. Apache, MySQL, PHP, etc.) and choose the installation directory.
- Click “Next” to proceed with the installation.
- During the installation process, you may be prompted to allow certain permissions or to install additional software components. Follow the instructions provided by the installer.
- Once the installation is complete, you can launch XAMPP from the installation directory and start the Apache and MySQL services.
- To access the XAMPP control panel, open a web browser and navigate to http://localhost/xampp/.
After installing XAMPP, you can create your own PHP files or websites and place them in the “htdocs” folder, which is located in the XAMPP installation directory. These files will be accessible via the local web server that XAMPP has set up on your computer.
After that you can check these two methods to open an PHP file on windows