Accidental drops can result in cracked phone screens, and in some cases, lead to additional issues such as dead pixels and yellow marks. This article aims to address concerns regarding these problems, explore their causes, provide potential solutions to prevent further damage, and offer tips to prevent such issues in the future.
Causes of Yellow Marks and Dead Pixels:
- Impact Damage: Dropping a phone can cause physical trauma to the screen, resulting in cracks and shattered glass. The force of impact can also lead to dead pixels and yellow marks.
- Liquid Damage: If the phone was exposed to moisture or liquids during the drop, it can further damage the screen and potentially cause discoloration or the appearance of yellow marks.
- Manufacturing Defects: In some cases, dead pixels and yellow marks may be attributed to manufacturing defects, although this is less common.
How to Fix Yellow Marks and Dead Pixels ?
- Screen Replacement: The most effective solution for resolving cracked screens, dead pixels, and yellow marks is to have the phone screen professionally replaced. Contact the phone manufacturer or an authorized service center to assess the damage and obtain a reliable repair.
- Screen Protectors: Applying a tempered glass screen protector or a protective film can help prevent further damage and protect against scratches. However, it is important to note that these solutions do not repair existing dead pixels or yellow marks.
Read Also :
How to Prevent Yellow Marks and Dead Pixels ?
- Phone Case: Invest in a sturdy phone case that offers shock absorption and provides adequate protection for your device. A good case can help minimize damage caused by accidental drops.
- Avoid Liquid Exposure: Be cautious to keep your phone away from liquids. Liquid damage can cause various issues, including the appearance of yellow marks. If your phone does come into contact with liquid, power it off immediately and seek professional assistance.
- Gentle Handling: Handle your phone with care to avoid accidental drops. Avoid placing heavy objects on top of the phone or subjecting it to excessive pressure, as this can lead to cracked screens and potential screen defects.
Features to Consider:
- Gorilla Glass or Similar Technology: Look for phones equipped with durable screens, such as Gorilla Glass, which offer enhanced resistance against scratches and impact damage.
- Water and Dust Resistance: Opt for phones that feature water and dust resistance, as this can provide an extra layer of protection against potential damage caused by liquid exposure.